Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Has my Secret Identity been compromised already???

Good Golly! 

I don't do Facebook or any other "LOOK WORLD HERE'S MY LIFE" sorta thing.  (Well, with the exception of this blog ... but I write it with a secret identity). I kinda like anonymity in regards to the World At Large. 

Ok, just kidding, I REALLY like anonymity when it comes to the World At Large.

So imagine my surprise when Pu raced over here yesterday to show me "something funny".

I attended a wedding last Sunday.  Apparently, one of the guests (who is also my friend) snapped a pic of me and my kids.  No big deal.

Then he posted it on his Facebook page amid the other 90000 pics he took at the wedding.  If he'd have asked my permission, I'd have said "no", but he didn't know any better, so - owell, can't win 'em all...

What Pu zipped over to show me, however, were the comments that were made about my photo.  She thinks it's HILARIOUS. 

Some lady from God Knows Where somehow thought it was fascinating to look at six billion wedding pictures of someone else's wedding, and with her eagle eyes singled out the one photo featuring me and my grommets. 

"I know this lady!" she posted all excited-like, "she lives in xxxxx (city) and I recognize her kids - they attend xxxx elementary school!  I see them there every morning!"

Holy God!  Damn good thing she doesn't know my name!  Sheesh!  In this day and age, it takes a lot of concerted effort to stay "off the grid" - I'm glad I'm not in the Witness Protection Program - I'd already be at the bottom of the Hudson with cement shoes!

ANYWAY - just for the record:  Not everyone in the world wants their picture on Facebook, on your personal Web Page or passed around in email. 

It's just fine if YOU like it . . .  I trust you'll honor that some people don't. 

'nuff said.  ROCK ON~

3 comments:

  1. I know your name. J-rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you do my friend! That and a lot more! Yay - thanks for reading!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that time ... about three hours ago ... when I confessed that I'd posted pics of your kids someone online and linked them to their Dad??

    Woops.

    You'd think my recent experience of being stalked by a certain ElderYuckenstein on Facebook woulda sobered me up a bit.

    ReplyDelete

I loves me a lively discussion. Passion is always a plus. Rudeness, however is not. Therefore, comments I deem to be rude will be deleted. Promptly. ROCK ON!