Saturday, November 13, 2010

Behind the Scenes

Ya know one of  the best parts about being a Mama?

The privilege of seeing all of the secret little personal things my kids do.  You know, those darling little behaviors, habits etc that they're too shy to do in front of other people --

My Mermaid was given an old cell phone the other day by a friend of mine.  The SIM card was left intact and the phone is loaded up with music.  Mermaid has carried it around non stop for 2 days playing music... and dancing.  She's done the wave, the worm, the robot, a lot of "booty shaking", some slow dancing with her Fairy Princess sister, and all sorts of other impromptu performances.  All with deep feeling, intense facial expressions, and full-body participation.  In fact, they're doing a 5 year old modification of a dramatic Tango right now.  Way cool!  Of course, no one but Mama can see this stuff ... when I ask them to perform for others, they either act very shy and refuse, or they get really silly and just show off.

Lady Leprechaun has decided which things are her "favorite thing".  I'll give her an apple and she'll look up at me, set the apple down and vehemently declare with a ferocious grin "This is my FAVORITE APPLE!" - while giving me a double-thumbs up and pumping her arms out dramatically in cadence to the words.  Then I'll give her a glass of water and she'll announce, "Mom, this is my FAVORITE WATER!" and pump that two thumbs up at me again.  She informs me about her favorite foods, clothes, hair styles, toothpaste, songs, movies, blankies . . . well, everything.  I have no idea where she learned it, but it's about the cutest thing I've ever seen - and when I "bait" her to do it in front of others, she gets all coy and reserved and says nothing.  Her thumbs automatically stick up, though, and I get a real kick out of watching her notice that and try to hide them.  haha!

Lucky me!

Oh, on a side note - I facilitated progression to Nirvana for two more mice yesterday!  YES !

1 comment:

I loves me a lively discussion. Passion is always a plus. Rudeness, however is not. Therefore, comments I deem to be rude will be deleted. Promptly. ROCK ON!